How to vote Liberal, click here
Kogarah public school set for major upgrade
Families in Kogarah are set to benefit from a major upgrade of Kogarah Public School under a re-elected NSW Liberal Government.
Liberal candidate for Kogarah, Craig Chung, said the upgrade will be a wonderful addition to the schools in the area and will deliver modern resources for students.
“This announcement is great news for the community and will be a game-changer for Kogarah Public School,” Mr Chung said.
“A re-elected Liberal Government will deliver this project because we have a long-term economic plan to keep NSW moving forward.
Premier Dominic Perrottet said the multi-million upgrade of the local school will deliver significant upgrades and improvements, creating more modern infrastructure for students and teachers.
“Because of the NSW Liberal Government’s long-term economic plan, we are investing $8.6 billion in school infrastructure over the next four years,” Mr Perrottet said.
“We’re committed to delivering infrastructure upgrades to schools to ensure young people get the best possible start in life, and under a re-elected Liberal Government, the Kogarah community will benefit from a major upgrade.
“This upgrade will replace demountables with new, permanent classrooms, deliver upgrade core facilities such as the toilets, canteen, staff facilities and hall.
“Investments like this are only possible because of the Liberal long-term economic plan to keep NSW moving forward.”
Minister for Education and Early Learning Sarah Mitchell said she was pleased to be able to make a commitment to young people and families in Kogarah with an upgrade to the local primary school.
“The Liberal and Nationals in government have a proven track record of delivering schools for growing communities,” Ms Mitchell said.
“Families know under Labor they risk going backwards, given Labor’s track record of closing 90 schools when they were last in government. It’s only the Liberal and Nationals Government that will keep NSW and our young people moving forward.”
The NSW Liberal Government is investing $8.6 billion in school infrastructure over the next four years, continuing its program to deliver 160 new and upgraded schools to support communities across NSW. This builds on the more than $9.1 billion invested in projects delivered since 2017, a program of $17.7 billion in public education infrastructure.
This commitment is another example of the NSW Liberal Government’s nation-leading work to give our kids the best start in life:
- A $15.9 billion Early Years Commitment, including delivering universal pre-Kindergarten for every child in the year before school and rolling out a full suite of health and development checks to NSW preschools;
- By building modern schools that prepare students for success investing $8.6 billion for hundreds of new and upgraded schoolsover the next four years;
- A once-in-a-generation back-to-basics school curriculum that puts literacy and numeracy first for all students;
- A $250 million tutoring program to support up to 120,000 students in 2023, bringing the total to $890 million invested in tutoring since 2021; and
- Making sure we have the best teachers in our classrooms by supporting our students with a guaranteed 6% pay rise for teachers over the next two years, and a $100 million commitment to pay excellent teachers salaries of up to $152,000.
Related Articles: #Education | #Kogarah