How to vote Liberal, click here
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When we talk about personal information, we mean information or an opinion about an individual where you can tell or reasonably work out who the information or opinion is about.
We will only collect personal information about you that is relevant to our organisation. This may include general information such as your name, e-mail address, contact details and computer’s IP address.
Where reasonably possible, personal information is only collected through our website when you knowingly provide it. For example, we may request information such as your name, address and email, to provide you with information you have requested, as well as bank account or credit card details if you want to join or donate to the Party or attend one of our events. If you do not provide that information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or services you requested.
Our purpose for collecting personal information should be clear when we collect it. If you are uncertain, please contact us at the address below.
You can generally visit our website without revealing who you are or other personal information. We will not collect any personal information about visitors to this website except where they are registered members, where information is provided by registered members or where a visitor provides us with personal information. We may use technology to keep track of which sections of our website you visit for internal purposes, including to help us improve our website and other services.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
We will only use your personal information as allowed by law. This means we may use it for the purpose it was collected, as disclosed to you at the time of collection, or as otherwise set out in this policy. If we want to use your information for any other purpose, we will first seek your consent unless we are not required to by law.
We generally only use or disclose your personal information to:
- respond to your enquiries or comments;
- supply you with goods, services or information you have requested;
- tell you about any new developments, campaigns, or events we think may interest you;
- request your assistance (such as volunteering or donating to assist in our campaigns);
- disclose donations, whether required by law or otherwise;
- help us to improve our website and services;
- Liberal Party candidates or members;
- other organisations that provide services to us, such as telecommunications companies, event organisers, IT contractors (such as website developers and hosts), lawyers, accountants, financiers and promotions companies; and
- meet any legal requirements.
- Any information posted in comments or forums or communicated in chat areas becomes public information and you take full responsibility for the disclosure of such material.
If you believe personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please advise us. We will generally take reasonable steps to correct your personal information where inaccuracies are identified.
THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
We use third party social media and applications provided by the following third party organisations to engage with you:
- Google – to track and analyse the number of visitors and their use of our website;
- YouTube and LiveStream – to publish videos;
- Twitter – to publish news and updates; and
- Facebook – to publish information such as news, updates, photos and videos,
- as well other third party applications from time to time, which may be hosted on servers overseas.
We may use and publish information you disclose through social media on our website.
When donating to the Liberal Party of Australia (NSW Division) your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security, please contact us.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
To keep up with regulatory, technical and organisational change, we may amend this policy from time to time by publishing the updated policy on our website. Please visit our website regularly to keep up to date with any changes.
For further information, problems or complaints regarding our information handling practices, please contact us by writing to:
The Privacy Officer, The Liberal Party Of Australia – NSW Division, Locked Bag 2, Kings Cross NSW 1340 or email email@example.com
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Our social media channels provide a platform for the public to engage on topical issues and stay up to date with the NSW Liberal Team.
We provide a variety of content and commentary on our social media channels to encourage participation with the Liberal Party and our Members of Parliament.
Comments, links, video and images that are posted by others on the page do not necessarily represent the views of the Liberal Party or its Members.
It is expected that this will be done in a respectful manner and will not indulge in personal attacks.
Therefore, comments may be deleted if they contain:
- Hate speech;
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity;
- Nudity in profile pictures;
- Defamation to a person or people;
- Name calling, bullying and/or personal attacks;
- Trolling of any description;
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Comments that are clearly not on thread or are deliberately provocative and do not contribute positively to the debate;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly; and
- Other comments that are deemed inappropriate.
Violations of this commenting policy may cause the user to be banned.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. While we monitor our channels closely, there may be some delay in removing inappropriate comments.