Liberals and Nationals Announce First Tranche of Shadow Ministry
NSW Liberal Leader Mark Speakman and NSW Nationals Leader Paul Toole today announced the first tranche of shadow ministry appointments:
- Mark Speakman as Opposition Leader and Leader of the Liberals
- Paul Toole as Shadow Minister for Police, Shadow Minister for Regional NSW and Leader of the NSW Nationals
- Bronnie Taylor as Shadow Minister for Regional Health, Shadow Minister for Trade, Shadow Minister for Seniors and Deputy Leader of the NSW Nationals
- Damien Tudehope as Shadow Treasurer and Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Council
- Sarah Mitchell as Shadow Minister for Education and Early Learning, Shadow Minister for Western NSW and Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Council
- Natalie Ward as Shadow Minister for Transport and Roads
- Alister Henskens as Shadow Attorney General and Manager of Opposition Business in the Legislative Assembly
- Matt Kean as Shadow Minister for Health
Mr Speakman said appointments in these key portfolios demonstrate the Coalition’s commitment to holding the Labor government to account and fighting for the interests of the people of NSW.
“We will continue to fight for NSW families and businesses, to ensure they have the economic settings and support to succeed and prosper, and weather the current cost-of-living challenges,” Mr Speakman said. “We will make sure that the Labor Government is held to account and doesn’t compromise our economic security to satisfy the demands of union bosses.”
NSW Nationals Leader Paul Toole said the Coalition will utilise our experience in government, our strong record of economic management and investment in infrastructure as well as service delivery, to ensure that NSW remains strong and prosperous.
“Our shadow ministers have the experience to deliver the ideas for a strong economy and job creation and support world-class health, education and transport.”